Sunday, March 9, 2014

ISFiT Diaries XII - Post-ISFiT


Recollections from the International Students’ Festival in Trondheim 2013


The flights back home were long and tiring. While I waited for my flight at Oslo, I read the comments written on my back and I couldn’t stop smiling. It was heartening to read your kind words.

My Souvenir from Montenegro.
Click by Danish Henry

Back home, the first thing I did was eat ‘biryani’ (spiced rice with chicken and potatoes – Karachi’s specialty). While I unpack my luggage, I recollect what day I wore this jeans and so on. I decorated all souvenirs on my study table. Still overwhelmed by the ISFiT experience, I held on the ISFiT bracelet which was now the physical manifestation of my bond with ISFiT, the workshops, the energy that kept us going. Days later, when I severed it, it was like severing my connection to ISFiT. But I still miss the banal voice in the AtB bus announcing ‘munkegata’.


Relics of ISFiT
Click by Danish Henry

Now, I’m back to routine life, striving for excellence. I love you guys and I believe we will meet one day, as Richard with his unkempt hair, would say it, ‘If you just believe’.  



No comments:

Post a Comment