Friday, February 28, 2014

ISFiT Diaries VII - The Walk of Peace


Recollections from the International Students’ Festival in Trondheim 2013


Bunad
Source: Google Images

We all converge at Studentersamfundet and by now I could pronounce it aptly. Even though I visited it daily, for 10 days, I still could not decipher its intricate structure that is so confusing to the stranger. Its convoluted corridors appear the same to me.  Outside, I enjoy tantalizing fragrance of food being prepared in Sesam Burgers while we all light our torches. We march. We march for peace, for freedom. We march for justice. We march.

Click by Danish Henry
Guys are suited and booted, while girls have put up the finest dress and the highest heels. Amani aka Peace, a Kenyan was looking beautiful in her Kenyan dress. I saw many Norwegian women in the ‘bunads’. The bunad is a beautiful dress, especially the Bergen variety, I don’t understand why women in Norway don’t prefer wearing the bunads? We take some group photographs and proceed to the Ceremony.


Click by Danish Henry
Source: Google Images


At the Peace Prize Ceremony, the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra’s magnificent performance and striking synchrony reminded me of days when I used to play the Euphonium. The duo of the harpist’s charming maneuvers and the soprano’s spectacular vocals enthralled a global audience. The drums play was stunning. I literally became a fan of their dexterity at drums.

The Student's Peace Prize was awarded to Iran’s Majid Tavakoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment